TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Terms & Conditions set out for websites basically become a contract between you and a visitor to your website. The Terms & Conditions clearly sets out the proper use of the website and can be used to directly limit your company’s liability. It is important, however, to take time to think through what should (and should not) be included in the Terms & Conditions. Here are some examples for you to consider.
- Will visitors log into your website? If so, what access will they have? What will they be able to do and what should be prohibited?
- Will you be collecting or processing payments through your website? What payment methods will you be using? What is the return and refund policy?
- Do you need to disclaim any aspect of your goods or services?
- Will you allow visitors to post content on your website? Who will own this content? How will you ensure the content does not infringe on someone else’s intellectual property rights?
- If a dispute arises, should it be subject to arbitration or litigation? Which State law should govern? Should the prevailing party be entitled to attorney’s fees?
Lastly, be mindful that the law that governs Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies is always evolving. Thus, please make sure to regularly review and update your website’s Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies.
At Ser and Associates, we assist our clients in developing and drafting their websites’ Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies. If we may be of assistance to you in getting your website in tip top shape, please contact us at 305.222.7282 or Info@Ser-Associates.com.
Also, please be sure to visit us at www.Ser-Associates.com and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and/or LinkedIn to learn more about how we can assist you and your business!